Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Battle Angel movie

I'm pretty excited about the prospect of a Battle Angel movie.

Inspired by Japanese graphic novels, he is currently developing Battle Angel, a cyborg thriller set in the 26th century. "It's going to be a mega-budget film shot in 3-D," Cameron enthuses. "It's set in a post-human world in the distant future, and a number of the main characters will be computer-generated. It's a kind of virtual film-making. We're building a whole new motion-capture technology. I'm impatient to get on with using the tools of the future."
I've been a fan of Battle Angel Alita for quite some time. I often find myself comparing it to Ghost in the Shell, but mostly because those are the two most sci-fi mangas/animes that I've read/watched and liked. While I find GitS's world kind of empty and nihilistic, Battle Angel's is really more of a struggle between persons, peoples, and ideals.

GitS did very well, so I think it'd be interesting to see how mainstream Americans receive Battle Angel.

No comments: