Saturday, September 10, 2005

Mokke

(read right to left) Mokke by Takatoshi Kumakura is another manga that I love, but for whatever reason doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention. It's currently being fantranslated by Mangascreener, however it's listed as an inactive project, and only four chapters have been released.

Mokke follows two sisters through their experiences with Shintoist spirits. The art is effortlessly (well, good comic art looks like it's effortless to me, just natural) good from the getgo. Just follow the expressions on the girl's face from panel to panel.

It's interesting to think of the world being controlled by unseen spirits, with intercessors mediating. But as with any story, I don't think it's the topic that necessarily keeps me interested as the interactions and the characters. Mokke's got this in spades. If you get the chance, I'd highly recommend picking it up for a read.

No comments: